Tuesday, May 22, 2012

INTERVIEW WITH NATALIE OFF DUTY

Natalie Suarez of, Natalie Off Duty blog fame, is both a model, musician and above all a stylish lady. Her blog follows her fashionable NYC lifestyle and she was kind enough to join us to answer a few questions about her awesome rock 'n' roll style and her thoughts on vintage tees!





JF: What is your favorite t-shirt from our Spring Originals collection?
 
My
favorite tee is the white, distressed "The Velvet Underground" crew neck tee. I love it's loose fit and faded colors. So rock n' roll chic. I live for these types of tees.

Natalie's choice - Junk Food Originals Velvet Underground tee





JF: How
would you style this look? 
These faded vintage inspired rock tees are something I could fall asleep in, wake up, and walk out the door. I would wear my "The Velvet Underground" tee with an awesome pair of high waisted skinny jeans, motorcycle boots, and a big, vintage floppy hat. Of course my look would be topped off with my favorite silver jewelry and chunky rings. It's very "off duty" and just so me.

JF: Do you
have a favorite tshirt and what is the story behind it?

 
Right now,
my favorite tee that I've had for years is a classic Guns' n Roses tee. It's oversize, faded from so much wear, and super soft. I throw it on and instantly feel cool. 

What are yo
u favorite stores to shop at in LA?
 
-In LA, I love
vintage! I always stop by consignment stores on the Westside.  Whenever I'm in LA, I always make sure to visit this tiny shop in Santa Monica called "Beit T'Shuvah" thrift boutique. There, I always find something super rad to add into my wardrobe. I also have this strange love for Goodwill/Salvation Army. It's like a treasure hunt and I get an adrenaline rush when I come across something really unique. 

JF: What inspired y
ou to become a blogger?
 
My sister, Dylana
of colormenana.blogspot.com was actually the first person who introduced me to the world of fashion blogging. I became obsessed and just so inspired. I've always been seen as just a model, when really, there are many many things that I'm passionate about like photography, music, singing, personal style. With my blog, I get complete creative freedom and that's what I love most about it. The blogging world has inspired me and I hope I'm also inspiring others out there. 

JF: Who are a few of yo
ur style icons?
 
I love Jane Birkin an
d her daughter Lou Doillon. Other girls I love are Dree Hemingway and Erin Wasson. These girls make an outfit their own. They could wear whatever and make it look completely beautiful.

JF:What was the last piece
of clothing that you bought?
 
I just bought a vintage le
opard handbag. It's like carpeted with a cool, structured shape to it. I'm obsessed. 

Thanks Natalie! Check out her style at http://natalieoffduty.blogspot.com/
 
Subscribe to the Junk Food blog HERE!
Follow Junk Food on Pintrest!
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: